Are you getting ready to arrange Holiday decorations for your home?
Hi, I’m Clyde Ross from the Franklin County Emergency Management Agency with some suggestions for safe holiday decorating this December.
- Before using holiday lights, inspect them for frayed or broken wires and broken bulbs. Make sure the lights have an UL label indicating that they have been tested and approved.
- Don’t overload extension cords. Christmas tree lights should be plugged into a wall outlet.
- Always turn off holiday lights when you leave the house or go to bed.
- Don’t use open flames or candles near flammable materials.
- Candles should always be place in or on non-flammable holders. Candles should never be left unattended and should be extinguished before you leave the house or go to bed. Some scented candles may affect your health.
Everyone at the Franklin County Emergency Management Agency wishes you a safe and happy holiday!